Thursday, July 31, 2008

How to get yourself to exercise when you are tired.

www.thelighterweigh.com

Sometimes it takes a lot of motivation to get yourself to exercise. You know you should do it, but you are so comfortable on the couch. Or you have so much on your to-do list and think that you don't have the time. Believe me- I've been there. So how do I get myself moving? I tell myself that I am only going to exercise for 15 minutes. And who doesn't have 15 minutes to spare? I make myself put on my sneakers, thinking that I can do anything for just 15 minutes. And nine times out of ten, I am so into the workout at 15 minutes that I continue for my usual hour. But there are definitely days when, after those 15 minutes of torture, I turn around and head inside my house. And that's okay too.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Great post. There are those days when you just do not feel like it. I will give this a try and just tell myself I definitely have 15 minutes to do something and you are right, more than likely I will feel so great I will do my hour...

Joanna Dolgoff, M.D. said...

Great! Please let me know how it goes!