Sunday, February 1, 2009

New Product Recommendation

www.DrWeigh.com

I came home early the other night and found my kids having dinner with our nanny. I looked at their plates and immediately got upset. The kids were eating potato pancakes which looked fried and greasy. I tasted them and got even more fired up. They were so delicious and clearly fattening. My nanny knows that I don't like my kids to eat fried food. "Katie," I said. "I would rather you didn't serve my kids such unhealthy foods." As I was about to start a lecture on the dangers of saturated fats, I noticed that Katie was smiling. "So you like the new vegetable pancakes I found?" "Vegetable pancakes?" "Yes, they are made with all natural ingredients, no trans fat, no preservatives. Only 70 calories each." "Wow!" I was shocked. They tasted way too good. But she showed me the package.

The brand is Golden and they are called Vegetable Pancakes. Ingredients: potatoes, water, meal, canola oil, string beans, dehydrated onions, corn, carrots, whole eggs, peas, egg whites, deydrated potatoes, red peppers, salt, green peppers, pepper, parsley.

All you do is put them in the oven and bake them for 10 minutes.

I served them for my husband at dinner tonight and he couldn't believe they were healthy, either. They got a strong approval rating from my husband and kids; we all fought over the last one!

Try them. My nanny found them at Pathmark.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found the Vegetable Pancakes at Stop and Shop. They are terrific!!