Saturday, February 14, 2009

I went to Burger King...

www.DrWeigh.com

I know you have all been there. You are on a long car ride with the kids and suddenly, everybody is crying that they are hungry. You are in the middle of nowhere and suddenly a rest stop appears. You frantically search for something healthy only to be disappointed. Burger King and Dunkin' Donuts.

That is where I found myself last night. So I took the kids to Burger King. We each got a hamburger kids' meal. I was shocked at the price. TEN DOLLARS TOTAL! No wonder lower income families tend to be heavier. Where else can you eat for that price?

I do have to say that the kids' meal was plenty for me. I definitely wasn't hungry afterwards. How do people eat the supersize meals? All in all, I think we did pretty well in what could have been a calorie disaster.

I am taking the holiday week off so I will be back blogging next week. Enjoy your vacations!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To make that even cheaper, you dont have to spend $5 for the kids meals and get a toy. Off the dollar menu you can get the same thing for cheaper. I like the dollar menus because their items tend to be smaller (not large size/supersized) and ill pick 2 things off of there and be good. Not that I am condoning going for fast food, but when you have to, its not bad to save a few extra dollars.