Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wrap vs. Pizza: Which is a better choice?

www.DrWeigh.com

I went to a birthday party with my son this morning. While the kids were being entertained by a 'mad scientist magician', the moms sat around a table, eating and chatting. Finally, lunch was served. The options were wrap sandwiches (turkey and cheese or roast beef and cheese) or pizza. All the moms took wrap sandwiches. They looked at me with horror as I picked up a slice of pizza. I laughed... "You do know that this slice of pizza has fewer calories than those sanwiches you are eating, right?" Apparently, they did not.

Look at the nutritional information for the wrap. Note that this doesn't include the sandwich meat or the cheese. The information is for the wrap bread itself.

Wrap: 320 calories, 8 g fat, 53 g carbs

Now look at the nutritional information for a slice of pizza.

Pizza: 250 calories, 10.5g fat, 54.8 g carbs

Surprised? So were my friends. One slice of pizza has fewer calories than a wrap sandwich.

Bon Apetit!

WANT TO LEARN MORE HELPFUL NUTRITION TIPS FOR YOUR CHILDREN? READY TO START YOUR CHILD ON THE PATH TO GOOD HEALTH?

GO TO HTTP://WWW.DRWEIGH.COM TO LEARN ABOUT DR. DOLGOFF'S WEIGH: CHILD AND ADOLESCENT WEIGHT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM. INTERACTIVE WEB PROGRAM AVAILABLE SOON!

3 comments:

deltasierra said...

When I was pregnant, I had gestational diabetes. I was able to control it through diet by following the numbers on the glycemic index and load charts. I thought for sure that a Subway wrap sandwich would be better for my blood sugar than a regular sandwich on wheat bread – but it WASN'T! My blood sugar was worse after a 6" wrap! Regular pizza has one of the highest glycemic loads, but I could eat three pieces of Papa Murphy's deLight pizzas without my blood sugar going over its limit. It was interesting. :)

hadikhan said...

Thank you for this blog. That's all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something that's eye-opening and important. You clearly know so much about the subject, you've covered so many bases. Good stuff from this part of the internet. Again, thank you for this blog. hepatitis a

Anonymous said...

Subsequently, after spending many hours on the internet at last We have uncovered an individual that definitely does know what they are discussing many thanks a great deal wonderful post. intravenous medications a handbook for nurses and health professionals