Monday, June 2, 2008

Friendly's should be illegal!

www.thelighterweigh.com

In a moment of weakness, my husband and I decided to take the children to Friendly's for ice cream. When I was younger and ordered a sundae, I was served a scoop of ice cream, some hot fudge, whipped cream, and a cherry. That is not what my children received. They got THREE scoops of ice cream with hot fudge, M&Ms, sprinkles, fluff, caramel, oreos, and every other type of topping that you could imagine. No wonder children these days are getting heavier. Luckily, my kids had a few bites and were done. I wish I could say the same for myself. Somehow I found myself eating my entire sundae and finishing everybody else's. I try to watch what I eat but I fell into the trap of thinking, "Well, I already ruined today so I may as well really enjoy it". It is such flawed thinking. Allowing myself a treat was okay- but indulging in everybody else's because I had already deviated from my normal plan- was just silly.

2 comments:

Tammie said...

Maybe they should change the name to UN-Friendly's ;)

Joanna Dolgoff, M.D. said...

Ha! I love that!