Monday, June 16, 2008

Fast food's convenience is so tempting... Don't Give In!

www.thelighterweigh.com

My daughter and I were shopping at Target the other day when I realized it was lunchtime. It was 12:30 and I only had an hour to run all my errands and pick my son up at school at 1:30. There was no way I was going to be able to stop to eat and get everything done. As I rushed out of Target, I noticed a Pizza Hut stand. How easy would it be to just stop and pick up some pizza? I would be able to get everything done and be on time. It was very tempting. But I knew that was not a healthy option and I would regret it later. There is no errand that is more important than healthy eating. So I picked up Danielle and we left. We stopped for sushi (our favorite healthy lunch), ran some of the errands, picked up my son, and then finished the errands. There was a way to get everything done without sacrificing our health!

2 comments:

Dave Kerpen said...

I agree- it is really tempting. I am so glad fast food restaurants in NYC have to list calories now- every time I drive through Dunkin Donuts- I think twice before ordering an unhealthy food item for my daughter- or for myself for that matter. :-)

Cat said...

I absolutely LOVE cheeseburgers and french fries, but I know how bad they are for me and my health! I try to avoid these foods and fast-food restaurants but sometimes I just can't and give in. Recently, I've been trying to cut back on all of my fast-food habits because I know how bad they are for me, but I try to reward myself once every few weeks of not eating any unhealthy foods. I know its not a complete cut-back but at least its something!