Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Dinner

www.DrWeigh.com

Well, the Thanksgiving weekend is finally over! How did you all do? Did you follow my 'Holiday Tips?' My family did- and we survived Thanksgiving without any extra pounds (or cholesterol).

I gave my kids a snack before heading out to my Aunt's house. When we got to the party, I let my kids eat a few appetizers and then encouraged them to leave the den with the food. Instead, I set up some activities in the next room. We started dinner with a salad. Then, when the main course was served, my husband and I made plates for both kids. I started their plates with a nice serving of white meat turkey and some broccoli. Then I added two tablespoons of mashed potatoes and a medium serving of candied yams. I avoided the stuffing because it is very caloric and while my kids like it, they don't love it.

After dinner, the kids ran to play while the adults helped clear the table. Then, dessert was served. Each child got to pick their dessert of choice. One serving and they were done.

We definitely had a happy Thanksgiving! Hope you did too.

No comments: