Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Back from Disney World

www.DrWeigh.com

Hi everybody! I am back from my vacation and my blogging hiatus. We took the kids to Disney World and we all had a blast. I was actually very impressed with Disney, in terms of nutrition. Of course, they had the junk food. But they also had healthy options. In fact, they had a fruit and vegetable cart in the middle of the Magic Kingdom! And to my delight, there was a line waiting for fruit. (This was actually one of the very few lines we saw at Disney! The place was empty.) Also, all of the restaurant/cafeterias had kids' meals which came with a main course and a choice of two of the following: grapes, apple slices, carrot sticks, or applesauce. None of the kids' meals included french fries. Fries were available for an additional charge. What a great idea! Why not make the fruit and veggies the standard- with an option of fries, rather than making fries the standard with the option of fruit/veggies. I think Disney has it right. Hopefully other companies will follow suit!

No comments: