Wednesday, September 24, 2008

McDonald's does it again

www.drweigh.com

Well... McDonald's has done it again. Have you guys seen their new ads for the 'third of a pounder' hamburger? What happened- our children weren't getting heavy enough with the quarter pounder so they decided to increase the serving size? Were that many people leaving McDonald's hungry? I'm sorry but nobody should be eating such a large serving size. It's no wonder that the patients in my office have no concept of how much they should eat. When I show them a model of a portion of pasta, they are shocked. They ask, 'how come I am given five times that amount when I go to a restaurant?" Unfortunately, I have no answer for them.

Parents- please be aware of how much your children are eating, especially in restaurants. It is best to order one dish for two children to split, especially with pasta. Restaurant portions are so large and we don't want our children to become accustomed to eating an entire restaurant plate. Get them used to sharing from an early age. Make sure your children understand that restaurant portions are very inflated.

No comments: