Friday, August 22, 2008

A nice family outing...

I want to suggest a great family activity. My husband and I take our kids hiking on many Sundays. We love to explore new areas and spend time together, doing something active. It shows our kids how much we value exercise. In fact, my husband and I spend most Friday evenings (our date night) either hiking or biking. We can use the time to chat about nothing or talk about bigger issues. Then we head to a local restaurant for dinner- just the two of us. It is a tradition that we both cherish. And it is great for our children to see how much we look forward to going out and working up a sweat. They are always begging to come with us. That's why our Sundays are so special. They get to join in with us- and learn how much fun exercise can be. Our friends joke with us... "So- hiked any mountains recently?" And we usually respond, "Actually, we did!"

No comments: