Thursday, August 14, 2008

Healthy IHOP

www.thelighterweigh.com

I had a very pleasant surprise this past weekend. As I mentioned last week, Danielle's birthday was this weekend. She got to pick the restaurant for her birthday breakfast and wanted IHOP. So to IHOP we went. And there on the menu- IHOP's healthy breakfasts for kids. They had a few options, all under 600 calories and 15 grams of fat. Still a lot of calories but I am very impressed with the effort. I ordered my kids the 'fruit face'- a buttermilk pancake decorated with a fruit face, small amount of whipped cream, and strawberry yogurt to use to decorate. They LOVED it- and even left a large amount of the pancake over. I have to say that I will definitely be back at IHOP in the near future!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yum, that sounds good. Wish adults could order from the kids menu sometimes. At the portion sizes would not be so large.