Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Are mozzarella sticks healthy?

www.thelighterweigh.com

I was at a party yesterday and my son took a mozzarella stick from a waiter and asked me, "Mommy, is this healthy?" I had to laugh. "No, sweetheart. It is definitely not healthy." But it was helpful to hear him ask me that. It reminded me that we are not born knowing what to eat. It really is something that has to be learned. We can't assume that our bodies will make the correct choices. I was also glad that my son knew enough to ask. Many children wouldn't care. Of course, after I told him that they were very unhealthy, he informed me that he wanted to eat them anyway. I responded that it was his body and he could make unhealthy choices if he wanted to. In the end, he ate two bites of it and he was done.

No comments: