Wednesday, October 15, 2008

When you slip up...

www.DrWeigh.com

What should you do when you lose control? You have been eating healthy foods with proper portion sizes and then... boom... you go crazy. Maybe you drank a glass of wine or two. Maybe you hit the dessert platter with a vengeance. All you know is that you didn't do well. Now what?

The mistake that many people make is thinking, "Okay, I blew the day (or the week) and no matter what I do now, I can't recover from it. I may as well eat the rest of this cake. I will get back on track tomorrow (or next week).

No, no, no! That is the worst thing you can do. The moment you catch yourself, get right back to your good habits. Even if your 'slip' was 2000 calories worth, it is still better than a 3,000 calorie slip. Don't fall into that trap. Immediately get back to your good habits and a slip won't turn into a neverending slide.

No comments: